Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rhythmn

My boys are back for the month of June. Having them around I am reminded of how life takes on a different rhythmn. I have to get up earlier. I have to be more purposeful. I have to repeat myself, over and over (and over). My patience is tested. And yet I would have it no other way. There is so much space in my heart for them. I miss the daily rhythmn of watching them grow up. It is overwhelming to see how quick the physical and mental changes happen. Ajani is taller, Akil is maturing. I am praying. For their happiness, and for them to learn the life lessons without too much of the attendant pain. I may not be able to help that but in essence I want them to be strong and believe in themselves. And to have rhythmn. They do have that Caribbean heritage, and one must have priorities...after all.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sense of repetition that is suggested in your piece.
    Getting up earlier every day.
    Having to repeat yourself.
    Prayer (repetitiveness of chanting in your tradition).
    All have a theme of repetition that I like.

    ReplyDelete